Baradene College of the Sacred Heart is a place of academic, sporting and cultural excellence. We are a high performing Catholic School (maximum roll 1300, Year 7 – 13) with girls who are motivated to learn. Our school is both innovative and traditional, where we help girls develop skills for their future. Support for the Special Character of the school, a satisfactory police vetting result and permanent NZ residency will be a condition of appointment.
• Wide range of opportunities for professional development
• Welcoming & supportive staff
• Strong community environment
• Covered staff car parking on site
• Teacher exchange opportunities with our overseas sister schools
26/8/2021 to 10/12/2021
We seek a fixed-term, part-time (28 hours per fortnight) English Teacher who is:
- Passionate about teaching young women
- Skilled & qualified to teach English at the senior level
- Able to start as soon as possible
Please apply, with a letter of application, CV and completed application and Special Character form (available from the website or below) to:
Donna Francis (Principal’s EA), by Email: [email protected], Phone: 09 524 6019 x 704, Website: www.baradene.school.nz
Applications close 12pm Monday, 26 July 2021
We seek a registered nurse to join our friendly Student Support Team and provide health care to our students. The position is for one day per week (Friday) during term time (hours to be negotiated) commencing as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with Nursing Council (NZ)
- Excellent nursing skills, up to date knowledge and good communication skills
- Experience within a School environment or working with children
- Sound knowledge of systems including MS Office and a knowledge of databases
Responsibilities include first aid, assessment, treatment and referral where necessary, liaising with external agencies and working with the Student Support Team.
Support for the Special Character of the school, a satisfactory police vetting result and permanent NZ residency will be a condition of appointment.
Please apply, with a letter of application, CV and completed Application/Special Character Form (available below):
Donna Francis (Principal’s EA), by Email [email protected]
Applications close 12pm Wednesday 4 August 2021.
Nurse Manager - Baradene Convent
5 DAYS PER WEEK
The Baradene Convent is a long established Auckland home of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart, set in Remuera.
We are currently seeking a Nurse Manager to lead a team of carers providing 24 hours of caring service, to a group of retired women in a small entity, with a family-type atmosphere.
This role requires you to maintain and support an enriched environment for those who require it and to support those who are able to live more independently.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Trained Nursing Qualifications
- Experience in Aged Care nursing
- Ability to provide a compassionate, sensitive environment with high quality care
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to manage staff and work well in a team-based environment
- To manage rosters for a small team of seven carers
- Demonstrated experience of meeting legislative requirements and managing a budget
- Capacity for confidentiality, discretion and maintain good boundaries
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- Be comfortable working in a Catholic environment
It is essential that you have good personal/HR skills and the ability to manage staff while ensuring a caring and sensitive environment for the community.
You will be required to manage rosters for a small team of seven who provide twenty-four hour care. Nursing qualifications are essential with preferably experience of managing a care facility for the elderly. As well as managing, you will also need to be hands-on, able to relate to a wide variety of people, well organised, energetic, and enthusiastic and with a good sense of humour. You will need to feel comfortable working in a Catholic environment.
This position is subject to a NZ Police Check and it is essential to have a NZ current driving licence and NZ work permit.
To request a position description, please email: [email protected]
Applications with a CV and a covering letter to the same email address by Friday 30th July 2021